- Mentor Application Form
- Who can be a mentor and what will his or her role be?
- Benefits for the Mentor
- Who will you be mentoring?
- Evaluation Criteria
- Deadline for Application
- Meet The Mentors
Who can be a mentor and what will his or her role be?
- A Mentor will have personal experience of owning and managing a small or medium-sized business successfully for at least five years.
- They are aware of specific challenges that women entrepreneurs face (e.g. in starting-up a business, accessing finance, networking, balancing family and business,etc.)
- They are ready to share their knowledge and know-how with their mentorees and available to meet them regularly for a minimum of one year.
- A Mentor will act on a voluntary basis, that is to say, they will not receive any remuneration and they will commit to refrain from direct involvement in the company led by their mentorees, for two years following the end of the mentoring scheme.
The Mentor will be expected to:
- Contribute independent, informed observations to aid the entrepreneur in their decision-making
- Meet with their entrepreneur on a monthly basis for a minimum of one year.
- Agree a set of goals and objectives with the entrepreneur
- Engage with at least two mentorees for the duration of the project
- Provide feedback to the programme managers as and when requested
- Be willing to participate at other project related events and mentoring clinics to help raise the profile of the Mentoring Programme
- Sign a confidentiality agreement before taking on an entrepreneur
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 4th OCTOBER 2011